Wanderer’s Road Sign #2

The discussion amongst most wanderer’s along the road is that a new sign has been erected. This is that sign. As the weeks have progressed my love for the academy has yet to die down. It’s a kind of high filtered through with happiness. Don’t think I’ve ever really been happy to go to school until now. Kind of a a relief. However with that being said, there is one thing that concerns me. Am I doing well? You know when you get too happy or excited and forget about your own needs. You forget what is needed and exchange it for what is wanted. Finally snapped out of it but it took a bit of a toll. Gotta keep track of myself better. But I digress. Never was good with a lot of words. This week we started Illustrator, a program that was a bit hard for me to grasp but I finally started to understand it after a few attempts. It’s hard, and truthfully I can’t see myself going into the sort of career which requires it on a daily basis. However with that being said I find myself enjoying it and will most likely try a little harder using it in the future. The art I created in Illustrator was mediocre at best and I seem to struggle with the creation of certain lines and erasing. Yet I do dream of one day being able to do something close to concept art so that I can easily transfer it to animation programs and other related systems. With that said though I still don’t want to use it too often.

Another thing is that us Wanderers got Dell Venue this past week. Pretty crappy but I can’t complain for them being free. Furthermore, they can be used for research, small side projects and to be able to be able to blog from anywhere.

Also there is the fact that I’ve been working on a massive pixel art project for a good friend, and as far as progress I feel that I have far more now, especially in the field of shading.